|(1) Posted by Thomas Maeder [Wednesday, Jan 13, 2010 08:32]|
Popeye 4.55 released
The Popeye team is happy to announce Popeye 4.55, available on http://sourceforge.net/projects/popeye-chess/ .
As always, feedback is very welcome; please use the appropriate "Tracker" on http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=200122 .
New features (feature request number in parentheses):
- Parry series (2867301 - description in the PDF file attached to the feature request) - see also http://www.matplus.net/pub/start.php?px=1263154185&app=forum&act=posts&fid=tt&tid=643 ).
- Parry series where parry moves are helping even if play after the series is not help play (e.g. phser-s#6: parry series self mate in 6 - parry moves are help moves)
- Intelligent mode for the following Parry series stipulations (with significant speedup in positions with few pieces, but potential loss of speed in crowded positions): pser-h#, pser-h=
Bug fixes (issue number in parentheses):
- Double grasshopper moves to the same square via different hurdle were played twice (2922860)
See http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=972237&group_id=200122&func=browse for a list of issues and http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=200122&atid=972240 for a list of feature requests.
Otherwise changed behavior:
- reactivated support for ser-hs stipulations (accidentally dropped in 4.53)
- fixed crashes in (longer?) direct or selfmate Circe Cage problems
- speedup when testing Exclusive Chess problems
|(2) Posted by Siegfried Hornecker [Tuesday, Jan 26, 2010 10:46]|
I think you should look for another development platform since SourceForge is officially racistic now.
See http://www.golem.de/1001/72644.html for details. In short, Sourceforge makes racistic internet blocks against people in Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. Thus it should be no longer acceptable by worldwide organisations like the PCCC and under the Ultimate Declaration of Human Rights.
|(3) Posted by Dmitri Turevski [Tuesday, Jan 26, 2010 12:00]|
According to the news i've read, it's not a SourceForge guys initiative, they were forced by the US government and GoogleCode is forced to introduce the same ban too. There's a link on the SF Terms of Service page to some .gov site with documents called like "Denied Persons List" or "Specially Designated Nationals List".
|(4) Posted by Ian Shanahan [Tuesday, Jan 26, 2010 12:05]|
So it sounds like it's political, not racist...
|(5) Posted by Siegfried Hornecker [Tuesday, Jan 26, 2010 13:21]|
Yes, politicians are never racists.
I feed myself.
|(6) Posted by Ian Shanahan [Wednesday, Jan 27, 2010 00:07]|
Of course they can be! It's just that here, I suspect the (main) motivation is a conflict over ideology, not (or more than) race *per se*. Of course, I agree with you in your desire to boycott racism; I just don't see it here...
|(7) Posted by Siegfried Hornecker [Wednesday, Jan 27, 2010 01:09]|
Ok, maybe I mixed that up but I still stay on the boycott side, even if it is just ideology. I believe that internet needs to be freely accessible to everyone. But this would go even more off-topic. Maybe Milan can move all since my reply to a separate thread, please.
|(8) Posted by Iļja Ketris [Monday, Mar 29, 2010 13:46]|
No reason to change, at least not until popeye developers complain that they lack valuable input from someone in Sudan or North Korea. IMO.
No more posts
MatPlus.Net Forum Internet and Computing Popeye 4.55 released